1.1 Pole Position Training is committed to ensuring:
- that existing members of staff, job applicants, and learners/candidates are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination.
- with regard to nine of the protected characteristics as outlined by the Equality Act 2010 which are:
- gender reassignment;
- marriage and civil partnership;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- race (includes colour, nationality and ethnic origins);
- religion and or belief;
- sexual orientation;
In addition, existing members of staff, job applicants, and learners are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination with regard to: caring responsibilities, part-time employment, membership or non-membership of a trade union or spent convictions.
- all employment-related policies, practices and procedures are applied impartially and objectively;
- equality of opportunity to all and to provide staff and learners with the opportunity to develop and realise their full potential;
- Pole Position Training works towards achieving a diverse workforce at all levels
- Pole Position Training works towards providing training that meets the requirements of all learners as laid down above
- that employees of the Pole Position Training can work in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.
1.2 The Equality and Diversity policy provides a clear framework for translating our policy into action. It outlines the responsibilities of the management team, trainers and individuals to comply with the Equality Act 2010. Both management and Trainers are strongly committed to its full and active implementation.
1.3 Pole Position Training will not tolerate processes, attitudes and behaviour that amounts to direct discrimination, associative discrimination, discrimination by perception indirect discrimination including harassment (harassment by a third party), victimisation and bullying through prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and stereotyping.
1.4 The Pole Position Training recognises the importance of monitoring, reviewing and reporting on its equality and diversity policy and practice and to measure progress in meeting our policy statement.